Tuesday 10 February 2015

Identical Perfumes by Different Celebrities

Valentine's Day is fast approaching and I've made a tradition of purchasing a new perfume for myself for Valentine's Day, you know, because I'm alone.  Funnily enough Taylor Swift recently launched a new perfume 'Incredible Things' which ties in quite nicely with the fabulous line in Blank Space;
"Nice to meet you.  Where you been? I could show you incredible things."
I write 'funnily enough' because I'm a big Taylor Swift fan.  Not so big I could tell you which state of America she's from, her favourite colour etc.  But I know some of the basics like her birthday is December 13th and of course her birth year is 1989, as her album 1989 represents this. I'm also going to be seeing the country turned pop singer in June this year after waiting years for her to tour the UK. Naturally, I had to investigate Incredible Things.

The perfume launched in January 2015 UK exclusively to Superdrug.  Yesterday, I happened to visit Superdrug for new make-up brushes and remembered to check it out.   So I spritzed it on wrists and let the alcohol die down.  And what I found was that Incredible Things is rather identical to Rihanna's Rebelle perfume.

I wasn't blogging when I purchased Rihanna Rebelle last year but if I had been, the blogging world would have had a post about how I liked it in store, unsure of it out of store and that it gave me really bad migraines.  I don't know why but I wish I did.  Every time without failure I would spray Rebelle on my neck and within half an hour I felt really unwell because of a migraine that just came crashing down on me.

What makes these perfumes similar? What relates them? Well according to two online perfume stores which give detailed information of perfumes, they both have musk, vanilla, vanilla orchid and amber.  Both perfumes have additional notes/ingredients as well but the above ones are what must make them alike.

Rihanna's other notes make Rebelle a heavier perfume opposed to Taylor's Incredible Things.  Incredible Things is much lighter behind the musk, vanilla etc with petals and flower notes whereas Rebelle only gets heavier due to the cocoa absolute and coffee.  Maybe even the patchouli as well.

It's safe to say between these two, Taylor and her Incredible Things may be the copy-cat.  Rebelle's debut in the UK was February 2012 which makes it almost three years older than Incredible Things.  Personally, I don't recommend either (sorry ladies) as the smell of these perfumes make me ill.  They are too overpowering for my head and I wouldn't last twenty minutes wearing them.  I actually washed Incredible Things off of my wrists when I got home yesterday.  In the collage below is both Rihanna and Taylor's perfume promotional posters and an online picture of the perfume bottles.

For anyone wondering why I decided to write about these two perfumes if I didn't like them, it's because I know there are people out there that do and are interested.  If someone can't get their hands on Rihanna's then Taylor's is an option and vice versa because of how similar they are.

So there we have it.  Almost identical perfumes by two different celebrities; Rihanna's 2012 Rebelle and Taylor Swift's 2015 Incredible Things.


No comments:

Post a Comment