Wednesday 25 February 2015

Lush Kitchen's Happy Blooming - 'I'd come out the bath treated'

Happy Blooming (£4.25 / 65g): I didn’t plan on purchasing this from the Lush Kitchen but I threw it in a couple of times when other products came exclusive.  I’m not really a bath melt person, as for me, they make one Godiva mess of the bath.  I’m particularly lazy this way.  But I bought three, so I’ll use them.  With Happy Blooming, you can divide the bath melt into three pieces for three uses.  The design of the bath melt (illustrated in the pictures below), shows easily where the bath melt is to be cut into three if you decide to do so.
I had to cut the bath melt as when trying to snap it, I found it began to melt in my hands.  Cutting it wasn’t straight forward either as it was a challenge to get the knife to cut through it, compared to You’ve Been Mangoed and bubble bars.  However, it isn’t impossible.

My one third of the bath melt very slowly began to melt once dropped into the bath.  I decided to speed up the process by rubbing it between my fingers.  It took about 5 minutes for the bath melt to melt away entirely.  The more it melted the more the bath water turned from normal to milky, to pale pink to the final shade of something similar to a Japanese blossom colour.

Looking at the bath water, it was evident of having lots of moisture and oils so I knew at that point I’d come out the bath treated.  And boy did I.  My body was moisturised from top to bottom, there was not one part of my skin dry after taking a bath with Happy Blooming.  I do usually sit for a minute after using nourishing/moisturising products to let my skin soak it up and I also pat my skin dry.  I would say that Happy Blooming did leave me slightly greasy so I was happy I only used one third of it.  I imagine if you were to use more than this, it wouldn’t be as much as a treat because you would be the definition of a grease-ball.  Although, this is to everyone’s own preference.

I’ve read quite a few people think Happy Blooming smells really artificial, and whilst I can understand why people think this, I don’t agree.  The reason behind this is because I know exactly what I think Happy Blooming smells like.  This bath melt smells identical to a cherry drink I got in USA (Florida) McDonalds called Hi-c, each time I went on holiday there.  I don’t know why, but whenever you can find something that Lush products relate to personally, they always end up being a favourite.  I quite like the smell – actually I adore it.  I like the difference/change from citrusy, murky and sweet aromas in other Lush products for this fruity bath melt.  It really was a nice change, but I can see why people describe it as artificial and sweet.

Overall, Happy Blooming gives a pleasant bath where I can guarantee you will not come out of the bath with a dried skin feeling.  It was so moisturising, and it made my bathroom smell delightful.   The water was like a pastel pink shade with one third of this melt, which I really liked as I believe it complements the smell and the look of the bath melt.  The aromas from this are lovely, they are deep and fruity.  I’m not left regretting that I bought more than one of these beauties.  I’m very pleased I got my hands on a couple before the Lush Kitchen sold out.  I definitely think this Lush product does more of a job with a nice smell than do nothing but with an incredible smell.  I give this 5 stars since my skin was left nourished and soft (once my skin soaked it all up) and there was a nice albeit faint scent of cherries on my skin afterwards.  I really do hope the Lush Kitchen make these again so I can once more throw some more in with other purchases.




No comments:

Post a Comment