Wednesday 25 February 2015

Lush Cosmetics African Paradise 'I’ve never smelt something so nostril enriching'

African Paradise (£19.95); this body conditioner initially came out in the Lush Kitchen, but it is in fact coming to Lush stores this summer.  The UK should have them about now.  This is the first body conditioner by Lush that I’ve ever used as I prefer body butters.  I received it in my new box from the Lush store opening, and I was so happy to get it because I’ve been eager to get my hands on it, for the obvious fact it’s meant to smell similar to Africa.  Never having been to Africa in my life I can’t quite think nor put into words what Africa smells like, but African Paradise implies it’ll give me an idea.
 So, the main points I want to share is the smell, feel and outcome of African Paradise Body Conditioner. 
The smell is incredibly unique.  I've never smelt something so nostril enriching quite like this.  I can't go down the road of: 'It smells similar to...' or 'It reminds me of...' because it really does stand alone.  I truly have never smelt anything like this before.  My imagination tells me it's some mix of flowers and cooking spices.  However, when I asked my mum; 'what do you think African Paradise smells like?' she told me coconuts and lemons.  For me, I couldn't smell either of these.  So the smell provides mystery for each Lushie to solve with their own imagination.  Personally, I love the smell of this product and unfortunately cannot successfully explain why.  It simply smells incredible and makes me feel really powerful, capable of accomplishing loads of plans in my mind and most of all, refreshed and conditioned.

When I apply this on my skin, it feels like silk and my skin reacts to it really well.  As an eczema sufferer, I’m very picky as to what I put on my skin but this didn’t irritate my skin whatsoever.  So that’s a bonus for me right off.  This body conditioner spread really well on my skin and I felt it taking effect immediately as I was rubbing it all over.  It didn’t lather – not that it should – but it looked like what Lush body lotions look like once applied.  I kept it on for about 1 – 2 minutes with no desire to itch, no tickling sensation or fire sensation.  I can happily say I do approve this one for people with sensitive skin as mine didn’t react badly to it.  However, this is specific to me; it unfortunately could upset your skin as everyone is different.  But hopefully no problems arise at all.

After washing, I pat my skin dry and I was totally taken aback by how well this stuff worked.  I use King of Skin every day and it actually did a better job (for me) than the King of Skin does.  My skin was completely moisturised from head to toe, and I was left soft and smooth once my skin had completely soaked it all up. 

I was so impressed with this body conditioner.  I really didn’t expect to like it, and initially once I smelt it, it made my doubts worse since I couldn’t define it.  It has since grown on me immensely and I will repurchase this over and over and over again.  But, this is where the ‘rut-roh’ comes in as it is basically £20.  I don’t really know how I feel about that.  I think it’s justified since how good of a job it does and its crazily uncommon smell makes it a real treasure.  But... I feel the price is just a bit too much.  It’s only competition is Ro’s Argan Body Conditioner which is £15.95 opposed to African Paradise’s £19.95.  I feel many people will simply settle for Ro’s Argan because it is a huge difference in price when you’re on a budget and want loads more products (bath bombs, bubble bars, shower gels, etc).  I think African Paradise would be better at £15.95 mirroring Ro’s Argan.  I understand Lush price their products at a quality price but enough to make a profit, but the price is going to be a deal breaker for me.  If I can buy African Paradise, then I will and I don’t hesitate on writing that.  But it’s price makes me want to cry, so much.  I give this 5 stars for its job, but I strongly feel it should be given 4 stars due to its price.


Nonetheless, African Paradise is absolutely incredible and Lush have made a body conditioner I’m sure will be a hit and will become a regular for a large amount of people.  And if by chance Lush reduce the price slightly, you'll make me very happy.






Thanks for reading! Check out my instagram for more: 

@lushvoyage 

No comments:

Post a Comment